- Full membership (which includes a Junior Membership) of the Club is open to people of all ages and levels of bowling skills.
- The Club is affiliated to the Suffolk County Bowls Association and to the Suffolk County Women’s Bowls Association.
- Martlesham Bowls Club enters teams into four leagues, the Woodbridge and District League, Fynn Trophy League, Ipswich & District Triples League and Samford League.
- We enter into various Cup and Shield competitions. All matches and competitions are played to English Bowling Federation rules.
- Throughout the bowling season club competitions are held as well as various open tournaments. Friendly matches with other clubs are also arranged.
- On Thursday afternoons we have Social Bowling’ and on Saturday afternoons ‘Club Bowling takes place (except when either Open Tournaments or Club Competitions are arranged.) Social and Club bowling is a time when members come together to play each other on a friendly basis. It is also an ideal opportunity for new members to get to know the game and other members. Members are asked to arrive at the bowls club at 1.45 p.m. for a 2.00 p.m start, just come along for an enjoyable afternoon all welcome.
- One Wednesday a month we hold an Open Pairs Tournament, which has proven to be very successful and popular with our own members and those from other clubs.
- There is no dress code for Social and Club bowling on Thursday and Saturday afternoons but the correct footwear should always be worn. That is flat shoes/trainers without heels .Please do not worry if you have never bowled before or it has been a while, we will always try to help you, and hope you will come to enjoy the game of bowls as much as the present members do.